The Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas is the central bank and central monetary authority of the Philippines. The bank was established in July 1993 in accordance with the provisions of the Republic Law No. 7653 or the New Central Bank Law of 1993 as amended by the Republic Law 11211 or the 2019 New Central Law. The Central Bank of the Philippines is usually referred to as BSP in Filipino and English. The central bank is responsible for issuing banknotes and coins, formulate and implement monetary policy, maintaining international reserves and stability of the foreign currency, managing price stability of the domestic market supervising all banks and credit organizations of the country. In this post, you will get all links and information about banks in Philippines.
Read Also: List of Banks in Pakistan
The Central Bank of the Philippines
At a glance the Central Banks of Philippines information
Headquarters: BSP Complex, Roxas Boulevard, Manila, Philippines
Established: January 3, 1949
Ownership: 100% state ownership
Governor: Benjamin Diokno
Central bank of: Government of the Philippines
Currency: Philippine peso
Reserves: US$81 billion
Bank rate: 3.50%
List of All Banks in Philippines:
The banking system in the Philippines composed of different types of banks in the Philippines: general banks and commercial banks-providing the widest range of banking services; thrift banks-deposits from depositors and making investments; rural and cooperative banks-in communities engaged in promotion and development activities Rural economic development of banks, non-banks with quasi-banking functions-financial institutions that do not have a full bank license but provide banking-related financial services.
General and Commercial Banks
- Al-Amanah Islamic Investment Bank of the Philippines
- Asia United Bank Corporation (AUB)
- Australia and New Zealand Banking Group (ANZ)
- BDO Unibank, Inc.
- BDO Private Bank
- Bank of America, N.A.
- Bank of China – Manila Branch
- Bank of Commerce
- Bank of the Philippine Islands
- Bangkok Bank Co. Ltd.
- Cathay United Bank Co. Ltd. – Manila Branch
- Chang Hwa Commercial Bank LTD – Manila Branch
- China Banking Corporation (Chinabank)
- Chinatrust Philippines Commercial Bank Corporation (Chinatrust)
- CIMB Bank Philippines Inc.
- Citibank Philippines
- Development Bank of the Philippines
- Deutsche Bank
- East-West Banking Corporation
- First Commercial Bank Manila
- Hua Nan Commercial Bank Ltd. Manila
- Industrial Bank of Korea Manila Branch
- ING Group N.V.
- JPMorgan Chase & Co.
- KEB Hana Bank – Manila Branch
- Land Bank of the Philippines
- Maybank Philippines, Inc.
- Mega International Commercial Bank Co. LTD
- Metropolitan Bank and Trust Company
- Mizuho Bank, Ltd. Manila Branch
- MUFG Bank, Ltd.
- Philippine Bank of Communications (PBCom)
- Philippine Trust Company (Philtrust Bank)
- Philippine Veterans Bank (Veterans Bank; PVB)
- Rizal Commercial Banking Corporation (RCBC)
- Robinsons Bank Corporation
- Security Bank Corporation (Security Bank)
- Shinhan Bank – Manila Branch
- Standard Chartered Bank Philippines
- Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation Manila Branch
- The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited
- Union Bank of the Philippines, Inc. (Unionbank)
- United Coconut Planters Bank (UCPB)
- United Overseas Bank Limited Manila Branch
Below listed Banks are the biggest assets of the countries Banking industry.
- 1st Valley Bank
- AllBank, Inc.
- Bank of Makati
- Bank One Savings and Trust Corporation
- Bataan Development Bank
- Bataan Savings and Loan Bank
- BPI Direct BanKo, Inc.
- BPI Family Savings Bank
- Business and Consumers Bank
- CARD SME Bank, Inc.
- Century Savings Bank Corporation
- China Bank Savings
- City Savings Bank
- Citystate Savings Bank
- Cordillera Savings Bank, Inc.
- Dumaguete City Development Bank, Inc.
- Enterprise Bank, Inc.
- Equicom Savings Bank
- Farmers Savings and Loan Bank, Inc.
- First Consolidated Bank, Inc.
- Hiyas Banking Corporation
- HSBC Savings Bank Philippines Inc.
- Inter-Asia Development Bank
- Isla Bank
- Legazpi Savings Bank
- Lemery Savings and Loan Bank, Inc.
- Life Savings Bank, Inc.
- Luzon Development Bank
- Malasiqui Progressive SLB, Inc.
- Malayan Savings Bank
- Maritime Savings Bank Corporation
- Maximum Savings Bank, Inc.
- Merchants Savings and Loan Association, Inc.
- Metro Cebu Public Savings Bank
- NorthPoint Development Bank, Inc.
- Overseas Filipino Bank
- Pacific Ace Savings Bank, Inc.
- Pampanga Development Bank
- Pen Bank, Inc.
- Philippine Business Bank
- Philippine Resources Savings Banking Corporation
- Philippine Savings Bank
- Philippine Star Development Bank, Inc.
- PNB Savings Bank
- Producers Savings Bank Corporation
- Quezon Coconut Bank, Inc.
- Queen City Development Bank
- RCBC Savings Bank
- Sterling Bank of Asia
- Sun Savings Bank, Inc.
- UCPB Savings Bank
- University Savings Bank
- Village Bank, Inc.
- Wealth Development Bank Corporation
- Yuanta Savings Bank Philippines, Inc.
Rural and Co-Operative Banks
- Agribusiness Rural Bank, Inc.
- Aliaga Farmers Rural Bank, Inc.
- ASPAC Rural Bank, Inc.
- Balanga Rural Bank, Inc.
- Banco Dipolog
- Banco Laguna, Inc.
- Banco Mabuhay
- Bankways, Inc.
- BDO Network Bank Inc.
- BHF Rural Bank, Inc.
- BOF, Inc.
- Camalig Bank, Inc.
- Cantilan Bank, Inc.
- CARD Bank, Inc.
- Cavite United Rural Bank Corporation
- Cebuana Lhuillier Rural Bank, Inc.
- Common Wealth Rural Bank, Inc.
- Community Rural Bank of Catmon Inc.
- Community Rural Bank of San Felipe Inc.
- Cooperative Bank of Bohol
- Cooperative Bank of Cotabato
- Cooperative Bank of Ilocos Norte
- Cooperative Bank of Nueva Vizcaya
- Cooperative Bank of Quezon Province
- Consolidated Cooperative Bank
- Country Builders Bank, Inc.
- D’ Asian Hills Bank, Inc.
- Dumaguete Rural Bank Inc.
- EastWest Rural Bank, Inc.
- Entrepreneur Rural Bank, Inc.
- First Agro-Industrial Rural Bank, Inc. / FAIRBANK Inc.
- First Isabela Cooperative Bank
- First Tagum Rural Bank, Inc.
- GM Bank of Luzon, Inc.
- Guagua Rural Bank, Inc.
- Highland Rural Bank, Inc.
- Ilocos Sur Cooperative Bank
- Imus Rural Bank, Inc.
- Innovative Bank, Inc.
- Insular Savers Bank, Inc.
- Katipunan Bank, Inc.
- Laguna Prestige Banking Corporation
- Liberty Bank
- Mactan Rural Bank Inc.
- Malarayat Rural Bank, Inc.
- Mallig Plains Rural Bank Inc.
- Marayo Bank, Inc.
- Metro South Cooperative Bank
- Mount Makiling Rural Bank, Inc.
- MVSM Bank Inc.
- Network Consolidated Cooperative Bank
- New Rural Bank of San Leonardo Inc.
- Opportunity Kauswagan Inc.
- People’s Rural Bank Inc.
- Quezon Capital Rural Bank, Inc.
- Rang-ay Bank, Inc.
- RBG Imperial Bank, Inc.
- RBT Bank, Inc.
- Rizal Bank
- Rural Bank of Angeles, Inc.
- Rural Bank of Bagabag Inc.
- Rural Bank of Bambang Inc.
- Rural Bank of Barili Inc.
- Rural Bank of Bayombong, Inc.
- Rural Bank of Cardona Inc.
- Rural Bank of Cauayan, Inc.
- Rural Bank of Central Pangasinan Inc.
- Rural Bank of Digos, Inc.
- Rural Bank of Dolores Inc.
- Rural Bank of Dumangas, Inc.
- Rural Bank of Gattaran Inc.
- Rural Bank of General Trias, Inc.
- Rural Bank of Guinobatan, Inc.
- Rural Bank of Itogon Inc.
- Rural Bank of Jaen, Inc.
- Rural Bank of Lebak Inc.
- Rural Bank of Mabalacat, Inc.
- Rural Bank of Magdalena Inc.
- Rural Bank of Mangaldan
- Rural Bank of Maragondon, Inc.
- Rural Bank of Maria Aurora Inc.
- Rural Bank of Montalban, Inc.
- Rural Bank of Pandi Inc.
- Rural Bank of Paracale Inc.
- Rural Bank of Pilar Inc.
- Rural Bank of Pola
- Rural Bank of Rizal Inc.
- Rural Bank of Rosario Inc.
- Rural Bank of San Mateo Inc.
- Rural Bank of San Narciso, Inc.
- Rural Bank of San Pascual Inc.
- Rural Bank of Solano Inc.
- Rural Bank of Sta. Ignacia, Inc.
- Rural Bank of Tangub City Inc.
- Rural Bank of Taal, Inc
- Saviour Rural Bank, Inc.
- Sta. Maria Rural Bank, Inc.
- Sugbuanon Rural Bank, Inc.
- Summit Bank (rural bank of Tublay, Inc.)
- Valiant Bank, Inc. (a rural bank)
- Rural Bank of Cuenca Inc.
For those who consider a career in the banking sector in the Philippines, this is the top list of banks in Philippines is very helpful on where to start. To get more information, please refer to our list of financial institutions in the Philippines.
BDO Unibank In terms of assets, BDO Unibank Inc is the biggest bank in the Philippines. The bank was established in 1968 as a savings bank called Acme Savings Bank. BDO provides several types of products and services, such as foreign exchange, deposits, loans, brokerage, investments, remittances, credit cards and corporate cash management. BDO bank is serving through 1200 branches and has more than 4000 ATM machines throughout the country.
Bank of the Philippine Islands The Bank of the Philippine Islands was originally called El Banco Español Filipino de Isabel II. It was established in 1851 and it is the oldest bank in the Philippines and Southeast Asia. It marked the beginning of the banking and financial industry in the Philippines. BPI has more than 800 branches (locally and in Hong Kong and Europe) and a network of 3,000 ATMs and cash deposit machines, providing a wide range of banking products and services, such as consumer banking and loans, insurance, foreign exchange, leasing, and corporate and investment Bank business.
China Banking Corporation Bank of China was established in 1920 is China’s first privately-owned local commercial bank. In 2012, Bank of China achieved as one of the best companies in the Philippines in the Bell Award of the Philippine Stock Exchange. The bank operates through 620 branches across the country.
Development Bank of the Philippines The Philippine Development Bank is the second-biggest state-owned bank. It is also one of the largest government-owned and controlled companies in the country. The bank is serving through 127 branches and 10 small units all over the country.
Land Bank of the Philippines Land Bank was established in 1963. The land bank owned by the Phillipe government is considered to be the biggest credit organization. in terms of assets, loans and deposits, it is also one of the best top commercial banks in the Philippines. The bank is serving through 395 branches and more than 1969 ATMs throughout the country.
Metropolitan Bank & Trust Company Metropolitan Bank & Trust Company is one of the country’s major financial organizations. The bank was established in 1962 but its first branch opened one year later. The bank is serving through 950 domestic branches and has more than 2300 ATMs throughout the country. The bank has 32 foreign branches and representative offices.
China Banking Corp The bank was established in 1920. The bank is the top-level private bank in the Philippines which is known as China Bank. The bank has a total of 620 branches all over the country though they are trying to add 29 branches in order to expand their business.
These are the best banks in Philippines. You can visit the site to gather more information. All the official information and links are included here. Some Banks have not their website. That’s why the website could not be included.