There are more than 80 banks in the Netherlands De Nederlandsche Bank NV (DNB) is the central bank of the Netherlands and it is the government-owned bank. The bank was established on 25th March 1814 by King Willaim. It is part of the European System of Central Banks (ESCB). The central bank is responsible for managing and hold foreign reserves, issuing banknotes and its circulation, supervising the country’s all other banks, investment institutions and exchange offices.
After large-scale integration and the global financial crisis, the large Dutch banks dominated the domestic banking industry. The ownership of the largest banks in the Netherlands is uneven: one bank is publicly listed, some banks are (partly) owned by the national government, and the other is a large cooperative institution. Compared with other European markets, the scale of foreign banks’ operations in the Netherlands is relatively small.
Read Also: List of all Banks in Ghana
De Nederlandsche Bank NV (DNB)
At a glance De Nederlandsche Bank NV (DNB) all information
Established 25 March 1814
Ownership 100% state ownership
President Klaas Knot
Central bank of the Netherlands
Reserves 8 840 million USD
Succeeded by European Central Bank
List of all Banks in the Netherlands
There are 98 banks are currently operating in the Netherlands. 63 banks were recently closed due to their bad reputation. Banks in the Netherlands are focused on always retail banking, corporate banking and local cooperative banking. Here you will get a complete list of all banks list below.
- ABN AMRO Bank NV
- ABN AMRO Clearing Bank NV
- ABN AMRO Groenbank BV
- ABN AMRO Hypotheken Groep BV
- Achmea Bank NV
- Adyen NV
- AEGON Bank NV
- Amsterdam Trade Bank NV
- Anadolubank Nederland NV
- Argenta Spaarbank NV
- ASN Bank NV
- ASR Bank NV
- Attijariwafa Bank Europe S.A.
- Bank Degroof Petercam SA
- Bank Mendes Gans NV
- Bank of America Merrill Lynch International DAC
- Bank of China (Luxembourg) S.A.
- Bank Ten Cate & Cie. NV
- Banque Chaabi du Maroc S.A., Amsterdam Branch
- Banque J. Safra Sarasin (Luxembourg) SA
- Barclays Bank Ireland Plc, Netherlands branch
- Berlin Hyp AG
- BinckBank NV
- BNG Bank NV
- BNP Paribas S.A.
- BNP Paribas Securities Services S.C.A.
- Brand New Day Bank NV
- bunq BV
- CACEIS Bank, Netherlands Branch
- China Construction Bank (Europe) S.A.
- Citco Bank Nederland NV
- Citibank Europe Plc
- Commerzbank AG, Branch Amsterdam
- Coöperatieve Rabobank U.A.
- Credit Europe Bank NV
- Credit Suisse (Luxembourg) S.A., Netherlands Branch
- De Lage Landen International BV
- De Nederlandsche Bank NV
- de Volksbank NV
- Delen Private Bank NV
- Demir-Halk Bank (Nederland) NV
- Deutsche Bank AG
- Deutsche Hypothekenbank (Actien-Gesellschaft)
- DVB Bank SE
- GarantiBank International NV
- Goldman Sachs Bank Europe SE
- Habibsons Bank Limited
- Hof Hoorneman Bankiers NV
- Hoist Finance AB
- HSBC France, Amsterdam Branch
- ICBC (Europe) S.A., Amsterdam Branch
- ING Bank NV
- ING Groenbank NV
- InsingerGilissen Bankiers NV
- InterBank NV
- International Card Services BV
- Intesa Sanpaolo Bank Luxembourg Amsterdam Branch
- Isbank AG Amsterdam Branch
- J.P. Morgan AG Amsterdam Branch
- J.P. Morgan Bank Luxembourg S.A.
- J.P. Morgan Europe Limited
- JPMorgan Chase Bank N.A.
- KAS BANK NV
- KBC Bank NV
- KEB Hana Bank
- LCH Clearnet S.A. Amsterdam Branch
- LeasePlan Corporation NV
- Lloyds Bank GmbH
- Mega International Commercial Bank CO., Limited
- Mizuho Bank Europe NV
- MUFG Bank (Europe) NV
- Nationale-Nederlanden Bank NV
- NatWest Markets NV
- Nederlandse Financierings-Maatschappij voor Ontwikkelingslanden NV
- Nederlandse Waterschapsbank NV
- NIBC Bank NV
- Norinchukin Bank Europe NV
- Northern Trust Global Services SE
- Rabo Groen Bank BV
- RBC Europe Limited
- RegioBank NV
- Rijnlandse Bank NV
- RiverBank S.A., Dutch branch
- Saxo Bank A/S
- SMBC Bank EU AG
- Société Générale
- State Street Bank International GmbH
- Svenska Handelsbanken AB (publ)
- TD Bank NV
- The Bank of New York Mellon SA/NV
- Theodoor Gilissen Bankiers NV
- Triodos Bank NV
- Triodos Cultuurbank BV
- UBS Europe SE, Netherlands Branch
- UBS Investment Bank Nederland BV
- Van Lanschot Kempen Wealth Management NV
- Volkswagen Bank GmbH
- Yapi Kredi Bank Nederland NV
For those who consider a career in the banking sector in the Netherlands, this is the top list of banks in the Netherlands is very helpful on where to start. To get more information, please refer to our list of financial institutions in the Netherlands.
ING Bank NV The bank was established in 1927 and its headquarters is located in Amsterdam. ING bank is one of the oldest and largest banks in the Netherland and it the subsidiary of ING Group NV. The bank provides banking services in the Netherlands, North America, Latin America, Europe, Asia and Australia. There are approximately 50,000 employees are serving throughout the country.
ABN AMRO Bank NV The bank was established in 1720 and its headquarters is also located in Amsterdam. It is the subsidiary of ABN AMRO Group NV. The bank provides banking services in the Netherlands and 15 other countries. It offers private banking, Retails banking and corporate banking and other types of banking and services. The bank has approximately 21,000 employees are serving across the country.
Cooperative Rabobank UA Rabobank was established in 1898 and its headquarters is located in Utrecht. The bank provides corporate banking, retail banking, residential and commercial banking services, capital banking services and several other services. It is one of the leading food and agricultural business bank in the world. The bank is serving more than 9 million customers and operates in 40 countries in the world.
De Volksbank NV Utrecht based Volksbank was established in 1817. The bank provides several kinds of banking business and small business. The banks operate under four names BLG Wonen, RegioBank, ASN Bank, and SNS. There are approximately 4,000 employees are serving through this name of banks.
Triodos Bank NV The bank was established in 1980 and its headquarters is located in Zeist. The bank provides its banking services in Germany, Belgium, Netherlands and the United Kingdom. There are approximately 1,200 employees are serving throughout the country.
These are the best and selected banks in the Netherlands. You can visit the site to gather more information. All links and official information are included herewith.